1,653($ 2.39 per pound)
This material is a direct equivalent to Dupont Delrin* 500P Black. Volume discounts are available. If a Dupont material with a cert is required, please inquire; it may be available.
Acetal is a thermoplastic resin commonly used for injection molding applications. Acetal resins, or technically called polyoxymethylenes (POM), are among the strongest and stiffest of thermoplastics. Acetal copolymers are well known for their fatigue and wear resistance as well as high chemical resistance and dimensional stability.
Acetals are produced by the polymerization of purified formaldehyde into both homopolymer and copolymer types. Many involve replacement of metals where the higher strength of metals is not required and costly finished and assembly operations can be eliminated. Acetal resins provide an outstanding consistency of properties and color. They have exceptional solvent resistance, are virtually unaffected by strong bases, but are attacked by strong mineral acids. Acetals are rigid, creep resistant and strong. They possess low coefficients of friction, and remain stable at high temperatures, even for extended use.
- High strength, stiffness, and toughness
- Excellent toughness
- Highly wear-resistant
- High melting point (185°F continuous use temp.)
- Good frictional properties
- Low moisture absorption
- Resistant to creep and fatigue
- Easily machined and fabricated
- High specific gravity
- Anisotropic shrinkage
- Processing difficulties
- Food Processing
- Material Handling Equipment
- Fluid Handling
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Pistons, Valves, and Manifolds
- Conveyor chains
- Auto window lift mechanisms and cranks
- Auto door handles, seat belt components, gas tank caps
- Food Product Forming Dies
- Timing Screws
- Scraper Blades
- Wear Strips
- Plumbing and Pump Components
- Gears & Rollers
- Bushings and Bearings
- Electrical Components
- Shaver cartridges and zippers
* Delrin is a registered trademark of Dupont Corporation.
Premier Plastic Resins is not a direct distributor of Celcon.